Able to interpret prints, drawings and models, create geometry, program, edit, set up machines, select tooling and operate CNC lathes/VTL’s. Verify and document part quality and deviations. Also maintains equipment along with a safe, healthy, and clean work environment. This is a low volume production/prototype environment and is suited to an individual with solid machining and manufacturing knowledge and the ability to change direction and jobs quickly.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Generate solid models when required
- Thorough understanding of Lathe programming
- Sets up equipment and tooling
- Sets up machines; use measuring tools
- Selects cutting speeds/feeds and adjust cutting tools and offsets
- Fixture design and fabrication, explore new tooling and machining technology
- Strive to meet time estimates for machining and programming
- Generate lathe programs using CAM software
- Store CAM and G-Code programs for machine shop accessibility
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School or Trade School
Experience: 10 years minimum hands-on CNC machinist experience required
Abilities: Strong math and ability to read drawings. Programming experience is required. Will be trained on the company’s software and processes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Able to keep accurate records of job and time.
Other Special Job Requirements: A strong desire to success, a willingness to learn new skills, an ability to work overtime when necessary. Person must be a team player with a strong work ethic. Management experience or training is beneficial.
- High School or Trade School
- 10 years minimum hands-on CNC machinist experience required
- Strong math and ability to read drawings.
- Programming experience is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to keep accurate records of job and time.