Launch Industry Specialist
Launch Industry Specialist
Concepts NREC, the world’s leading independent, full-service turbomachinery design, development, research, and training organization is seeking a full-time Launch Industry Specialist to act as a focal point with respect to our CAE software products, engineering services, and product development in the rapidly growing private space/rocket launch market segment. The expectation is that the selected candidate would work remotely, ideally located in Los Angeles, California, or another neighboring Southern California city, with direct access to the companies emerging in this industry.
The Launch Industry Specialist will primarily be responsible for conceptualizing, supporting, and promoting the Concepts NREC Agile suite of turbomachinery design software for current and prospective clients. Reporting to our Associate Director of CAE Product Management, the successful Launch Industry Specialist will have a minimum of a master’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline and 5-10 years of direct rocket turbomachinery component design and analysis experience. It is also expected that the candidate will be highly organized, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and strong networking capabilities in this market. Other responsibilities will include working with the Concepts NREC engineering service business unit, supporting hardware development for Concepts NREC products, as well as all sales and marketing activities that are adjacent to these activities.
This position is a unique opportunity to be on the forefront of servicing all the established rocket companies and the disruptive start-ups in this exciting market as it rapidly expands by simultaneously leveraging product management, applications, design & analysis, marketing, and communication competencies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assume role as the primary technical contact for the Concepts NREC software product suite as it pertains to the launch industry
• Become the product owner responsible for all product management of the Concepts NREC software products focused on the launch industry
• Assist regional sales managers with technical support activities throughout the sales cycle, including pre-sales demonstration of applicable software solutions and trial period evaluation training and mentoring
• Create and utilize a rigorous suite of applicable design cases for each software product as part of regular QA validation testing on beta, maintenance, and release versions containing bug fixes and product enhancements
• Assist in marketing activities by creating a variety of multi-media content that best promotes the software solutions and their individual capabilities/developments
• Perform technical validation for customers to aid in their purchase decisions in the form of benchmark design studies, collaborative design projects, or contracted engineering service designs
• Regularly interface with customers in the market to obtain feedback on the shifting priorities within the industry design & analysis community—keep track of the “pulse” of the market
• Support and/or create customer training activities such as design software workshops, continuing education courses, or online training
• Stay up-to-date with our competitor’s strengths & weaknesses
• Write technical articles, FAQ’s, best practices, and blog posts to supplement existing documentation regarding our products
• Act as a mentor to all members of the Concepts NREC team
• Provide guidance on Concepts NREC hardware product solutions for the launch industry
• Regularly conduct knowledge exchange with members of the engineering services business unit as it pertains to launch industry component design and analysis
• Perform other qualified tasks as directed by the direct supervisor when necessary
This position may require travel up to 20% of working time, primarily within, but not necessarily limited to the United States.
The candidate must be a United States citizen.
• Minimum of a master’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline
• 5-10 years of direct rocket turbomachinery component design and analysis experience